Counselors for Computing (C4C)
NEWS! Counselor professional development in Colorado this summer. Learn about CSPdWeek.
View this short video to find out why counselors are excited about C4C.
Use C4C Resources
- C4C Webinar: View the workshop with your counselor colleagues and learn key tips for advising (.wmv file or .mp4 file)
- C4C Webinar on Recruiting Watch to learn ways to involve more --and more kinds of-- students in computing.
The following materials are available as individual items. If you would like C4C Kits sent to you, please complete this form.
- C4C Slide Presentation Download and present in a workshop (PPT; includes script)
- C4C Information Sheet Get the big picture about technical education and careers
- Counselor Talking Points Get key points to convey to colleagues, administrators, students, and parents about computing education and careers
- Counselor Lesson Plan Use this interactive lesson plan to introduce middle and high school students to computing and careers. Download the accompanying Lesson Plan Slides, too.
- Military Pathway Card Connect students with their interests with next steps toward technical careers
- University Pathway Card Get students on track to a four-year computing degree
- Community College Pathway Card Help students learn about two-year degrees and certificates in IT and computing
- Intersecting Pathways Poster (24"x36") Show students that no matter where they start, multiple pathways lead to quality jobs
If you would like C4C Kits containing these materials sent to you, please complete this form.
Bring Counselors for Computing to Your Area
NCWIT offers custom and local professional development around computing education and careers at no cost. Contact us to get started.
Counselors for Computing is a project of the NCWIT K-12 Alliance, made possible by The Merck Company Foundation.