Counselors for Computing (C4C)
Interested in what makes counselors excited about C4C?
- The NCWIT Counselors for Computing “See Yourself in Computing” Virtual Reality (VR) Campaign motivates students to ask, "How can I get started in computer science?" Find out more at www.ncwit.org/C4C/SeeYourselfVR.
- "Prepare Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s Careers:" A webinar by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA).
The following materials, produced by NCWIT, are available as individual items. If you would like C4C Kits containing all of these materials sent to you, please complete this form.
- C4C Slide Presentation: Download this PPT, including a script, and present it at a workshop.
- C4C Information Sheet: Get the big picture about technical education and careers.
- Counselor Talking Points: Get key points to convey to colleagues, administrators, students, and parents about computing education and careers.
- Counselor Lesson Plan: Use this interactive lesson plan to introduce middle and high school students to computing and careers. (Download the accompanying Lesson Plan Slides too.)
- Military Pathway Card: Connect students' interests with next steps toward technical careers.
- University Pathway Card: Get students on track to a four-year computing degree.
- Community College Pathway Card: Help students learn about two-year degrees and certificates in IT and computing.
- Intersecting Pathways Poster (24"x36"): Show students that no matter where they start, multiple pathways lead to quality jobs.
Bring C4C to Your Area
NCWIT offers custom and local professional development around computing education and careers at no cost. Contact us to get started.
C4C is a project of the NCWIT K-12 Alliance, made possible by The Merck Company Foundation.