NCWIT Academic Alliance Seed Fund
To date, 66 member organizations have received a total of $735,450 to grow their technology-related outreach program. A huge thanks to Microsoft Research and other generous sponsors for their support of the Seed Fund.
Congratulations to the 2019 NCWIT Seed Fund recipients! Read their full commendations online.
- The “Surging Enrollments” Track recipients are Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Georgia State University, Lord Fairfax Community College, Southern New Hampshire University, and the University of Michigan.
- The “Microsoft Research Faculty Summit” Track recipients are Duke University and the University of Texas at Arlington.
- The “General” Track recipients are California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo, Central New Mexico Community College, Knox College, and Michigan State University.
All recipients will be recognized at the 2019 NCWIT Summit on May 14-16, 2019 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Seed Fund Tracks
The 2019 Seed Fund applications has three tracks:
- The “Surging Enrollments” Track must use research-based approaches, but specifically focus on strategies to recruit and retain women in computing during conditions of enrollment surges.
- The “Microsoft Research Faculty Summit” Track must also use research-based approaches, but is for those who attended the 2018 Microsoft Research Faculty Summit (MRFS) and are focusing their efforts around broadening participation in the 2018 MRFS theme: systems and networking research. You do not need to be a member of NCWIT to apply (although we'd love to have you join!) and you do not need to be U.S. based to apply to this track.
- The “General” Track focuses on broadening participation in computing via research- and evidence-based approaches.
Learn more about NCWIT promising practices and other resources.
For more details about applying for the NCWIT Academic Alliance Seed Fund (including eligibility requirements, proposal content, deadlines, and recipient agreements), view the Call for Proposals and FAQs.
For further information about any NCWIT Academic Alliance opportunities, please contact the NCWIT Academic Alliance Director at email@example.com.
To join the NCWIT Academic Alliance, simply complete this Academic Alliance Membership Form to receive further details regarding membership.