Jobs with NCWIT
Aspirations in Computing Regional Affiliate Manager (Contract Position)
HOURS: 30 hours per week (maximum). Flexible schedule.
RATE: $25-$28 per hour (1099 basis)
LOCATION: As a consultant, you can work from anywhere. The ideal candidate will be in the Eastern Time Zone to aid in communicating with affiliated volunteers in that region.
The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) is seeking an additional Regional Affiliate Manager (RAM) to join our team in supporting the enthusiastic and growing network of local Aspirations in Computing Program Affiliates. This is a support, facilitation and volunteer management role, focused on providing “customer service” to our affiliate teams and partners across the country. Most of the interactions take place by phone, email, and webinars. The RAM is responsible for mentoring groups of Aspirations Affiliates in their mission of increasing young women’s participation in computing and technology. The population of affiliated volunteers includes educators and business people involved in computing fields.
- Provide consulting services to assigned Affiliates in the following areas:
- Mentoring: consultations with Affiliate coordinators, Program Partners, and other volunteers, as necessary, on how to best perform their role
- Recruitment Education: coach affiliates on effective ways to recruit additional volunteers to work with them in their community.
- Sponsorship: coach on strategies for affiliates to procure and sustain local program sponsorship.
- Work as a team member with other RAMs to best meet the needs of the entire National Program.
- Know the resources available to our Aspirations in Computing Affiliates and Partners (web portal, pre-created toolkits, etc.);and advise/mentor Affiliates on its use
- Work within team to ensure timely updates of resources in a fast-paced, cyclical series of ‘seasons’ in which the Aspirations Program operates
- Develop strong relationships with assigned Affiliates & Program Partners
- Monitor Affiliate & Partner progress and step in, proactively, as needed
- Discover and disseminate promising practices and ideas across Affiliate teams nationwide
- Ensure Affiliates and Partners are up-to-date with accurate and timely information about Program Awards, Event planning and other opportunities and/or deadlines
- Provide status updates to the national NCWIT staff
- Troubleshoot obstacles and alert NCWIT staff as needed
- Attend regular meetings with Affiliates, Program Partners, Regional Affiliate Managers, and the national NCWIT teams
- Ensure all required and requested paperwork and reporting is completed and submitted to NCWIT in a timely manner via automated tools
- Other similar duties, as requested.
This project requires a unique combination of knowledge and skills. Consultant must have the following skills:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for gender equity in technology
- Highly developed skills in communicating with busy, working professionals
- Experience working with and facilitating the success of volunteers and volunteer teams
- Project and time management
- Ability to coordinate with NCWIT staff members
- Ability to coordinate under pressure of deadlines
- Must be flexible and responsive to change in direction when necessary
- Attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of time during peak times
For consideration, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include:
- Email Subject: MUST include: “RAM Applicant”
- why you’re interested
- how you are a fit
- start-date availability
- link to LinkedIn profile