Jobs with NCWIT
- Associate Graphic Designer [Note: This is a contractor position.]
- Counselors for Computing (C4C) Program Consultant [Note: This is a contractor position.]
Associate Graphic Designer
Assist the NCWIT Design Coordinator with publication design and brand management. A contractor will:
- create professional print layouts from text files and stock photography, by using existing InDesign templates or by recreating existing PDF files in InDesign
- follow branding standards for fonts, colors, logos, and graphics
- meet all project deadlines
- proficiency with Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) on a Mac
- familiarity with MS Office suite
- educational and/or professional experience with graphic design
- ability to work independently and to thrive in a small-team, start-up environment
- capacity to receive and act on constructive feedback
- excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Professional writing experience or a journalism/advertising/public relations background
- Knowledge of HTML
Time Commitment and Pay
This position includes up to 15 hours/week and the hourly rate ranges from $19-$33/hour depending on skills and experience.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Graphic Designer” in the subject line. [Note: This is a contractor position.]
Counselors for Computing (C4C) Program Consultant
NCWIT Counselors for Computing (C4C), is a program of NCWIT. Through workshops, presentations, networking activities and resources, C4C informs, motivates and equips school counselors and others in an advising role so they are able to increase student access to computing education and careers.
Staffing for NCWIT C4C includes three key consultants and twenty consulting counselors. C4C is supported by functional groups at NCWIT including the development, communications and operations teams.
The Counselors for Computing (C4C) Program Consultant works in cooperation with the C4C Program Director and C4C Business and Logistics Manager to provide professional development services during this contract period. Services include:
- Program Planning
- Developing conference proposals, planning agendas, preparing presentations and materials
- Supporting contributions from counselor-consultants, partners and volunteers
- Event Planning - Working with C4C team and NCWIT staff to coordinate event planning
- Program Delivery - Presenting on C4C and NCWIT topics at conferences, workshops speaking engagements and webinars, and completing subsequent program evaluation and reporting
- Various Activities as Assigned (Shared with Program Director) which may include but are not limited to:
- Support of counselor-contractors who produce events on behalf of C4C
- Support of overlapping or allied NCWIT initiatives as assigned, including K-12 Alliance, Aspirations in Computing, EngageCSEdu, and EngageIT, TECHNOLOchicas, and other projects
- Presenting about C4C or NCWIT for computing education events, i.e., ISTE, CSTA, SIGCSE, Tapestry, CS4ALL Consortium, ECEP
- Specific projects and campaigns, e.g., virtual reality outreach campaign as needed
- Experience in education as counselor, teacher, or informal educator
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of issues and conditions related to computer science education and equitable access
- Experience in project management, including use of computer-assisted project management software
- Experience in writing grant proposals and reports
- Experience in Wrike project management tool
Time Commitment and Pay
This is a 10-20 hours per week contract position starting August 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2018. This contract has the possibility of renewal at that time.
Hourly Rate: $30-$45/ hr based on experience.
Contractor would work remotely and job requires access to telephone and internet-enabled computer. Contractor must be able to travel in the U.S. up to several times per month.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to C4C@ncwit.org with “C4C Program Consultant Position” in the subject line. [Note: This is a contractor position.]