Get Ready for the 2013 Summit FlashTalks!
- "Empowering Latinos in Computing": Idit Harel Caperton, Globaloria
- "COMPUGIRLS: What We Can Learn from the Experiences of Two Girls in a Culturally Relevant Technology and Activism Program": Courtney Besaw and Daysha Edgerton, COMPUGIRLS graduates
- "Sit With Me": Avis Yates Rivers, Technology Concepts Inc.
- "Making Technology More Accessible": Emily Peed-Brown, Aspirations in Computing winner
- "Social Media for Change Leaders": Herb Morreale, 6Kites
- "How the Media Can Affect Students in STEM": Allison Collier, Aspirations in Computing winner
What is a FlashTalk?
If you’ve heard of Ignite® or Pecha Kucha or lightning talks, you know what we’re talking about. An NCWIT FlashTalk is a short, thought-provoking PowerPoint presentation, delivered in a fixed format:
20 slides that automatically advance every
15 seconds for a total talk time of
What do they talk about?
NCWIT FlashTalks cover a broad swath of topics: girls, women, computing, technology, diversity, education, image, innovation, social movements, and more. FlashTalks aim to teach us something, entertain us, and inspire us. Check out last year’s FlashTalks on Vimeo.
How will FlashTalks be selected?
NCWIT will select half the talk topics, and you'll select the other half by voting for them here.