May 18-20, 2020
- Where can I download the mobile app?
Download the Attendify app from the Apple App store or the Google Play store first. Then, search for “NCWIT Summit” within Attendify. (View links at ncwit.org/summit/mobile.)
- Can I attend an Alliance meeting other than the one I RSVP’d for?
Unfortunately, Alliance meetings are by invite only. We ask that you please attend the Alliance meeting to which you were invited.
- Which breakouts should I attend?
View recommendations that are based on NCWIT Systemic Change Models. These models identify key factors that influence girls’ and women’s participation in computing, as well as sustainable approaches for creating more inclusive environments.
- Can I attend a breakout session other than the one I RSVP’d for?
Yes. We use RSVPs to have a sense of how many people to expect in each room, but you are free to choose a different session, depending on attendance and space. As sessions become full, you are encouraged to find a second choice.
- This is my first Summit. How will I know what to do?
Fear not! View an orientation webinar online.
- How can I identify NCWIT staff members?
There will always be NCWIT staff at the registration desk. If you have a question, that’s a great place to start. NCWIT staff will also wear “NCWIT Staff” ribbons throughout the event.
- Who should I contact for information about the hotel?
You can reach the front desk of the hotel at 615-889-1000.
- Where can I find basic information about the event?
To learn about the event, speakers, and other content, visit ncwit.org/summit.
- I can no longer attend. Do you have a cancellation policy?
We’re sorry to hear that you can no longer join us in Nashville, Tennessee. Contact the hotel no later than 72 hours prior to the original check-in date to cancel without penalty.
- Is there a dress code at the Summit?
There is no official dress code, however, most attendees opt for business casual clothing.
- I prefer to use a gender neutral restroom. Where can I find one?
There is a single occupancy restroom available for everyone. It is located directly below the Tennessee Ballroom in the Ryman Studios section of the convention center (directly across the hall from Ryman Studios BC).
- Are there accommodations for people who are differently-abled?
If you have any physical limitations, you can request a special access accommodation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can my significant other or personal guest attend the reception tonight?
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to serve unregistered guests of attendees.
- Can I keep my luggage at your registration desk or in the back of a meeting room?
Attendees can securely leave their luggage with the front desk or in the Tennessee Ballroom B (open from 7:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 16). NCWIT is not responsible for monitoring or securing luggage.
- Is there any way for me to share feedback about my experiences at the NCWIT Summit?
Yes. Please use the links available at ncwit.org/survey to access quick “pulse” surveys about your experiences in Alliance Meetings, Program Meetings, and Breakout Sessions. About one week after the Summit, you will receive an email to complete a final, short 12-question survey about your overall experience.