NCWIT Student Seed Fund
Congratulations to the January 2016 NCWIT Student Seed Fund Winners! Check them out here. Read on for details about the Spring 2016 Student Seed Fund applications.
Create and Expand WiC Groups on campus
WiC groups on campus can increase women’s confidence and enjoyment of their technical studies, help reduce feelings of isolation, dispel common myths and stereotypes, and empower students to actively recruit and mentor other women.
The NCWIT Student Seed Fund (sponsored by Google.org) offers an opportunity to create or expand ACM-W chapters on college and university campuses. (Existing WiC groups are encouraged to affiliate as an ACM-W student chapter in order to be eligible for funding.)
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications for the Spring 2016 Student Seed Fund are open through May 31, 2016.
Funds will be awarded in the following categories:
- Trailblazer Award (up to $15,000): Funding at this level is for well-developed groups with a history of institutional support that are interested in institution-wide projects such as funding large-scale events or academic course development.
- Amplification Award (up to $5,000): Funding at this level is intended for existing groups interested in expanding their impact through existing and new programs on their campus and in their geographic region. Recipients of this funding will also have the opportunity to mentor an emerging WIC group at another institution.
- Start-up Funding (up to $3,000): Students looking to start a new ACM-W chapter on campus can apply for funds to help launch their group.
Start-up Funding Application
Eligibility and Resources
- Host institutions must be an NCWIT non-profit Academic Alliance member within the United States. Not an AA member? Click here to get started.
- Student groups must either be an existing ACM-W student chapter or an affiliation of an ACM-W student chapter. Not an ACM-W student chapter or affiliated with one? Click here to get started.
- How to Create and Sustain a Women in Computing Group on Your Campus provides an outline of key steps for creating and sustaining a vibrant WiC student group. View this resource.
View the Student Seed Fund FAQs for more detailed information about eligibility and requirements.
Past Student Seed Fund Winners and Sponsors
NCWIT would like to acknowledge past sponsors for the Student Seed Fund: