100 Recommended Resources on Gender in S&E
When you use Google, or a large database, to find things, you have to
decide: “Is it any good?”
I have collected about 100 recommended resources on women in science and engineering and posted them at http://momox.org/10x10.html. I call it the “10 x 10 List.” The list is organized in chunks, and each chunk is a short list of selected resources customized to a particular audience. Here are some examples.
- Self study guide – reading for newbies
- Libraries, knowledge centers, bibliography
For parents and afterschool leaders:
- Biographies of women in science and engineering (role models)
- Video’s and CD’s designed to inspire girls
- Guides for parents and afterschool leaders
- S&E afterschool materials and kits
For educators and researchers:
- Training and consulting services, technical assistance projects
- Best practices resources – K-12
- University-level transformation/change
- International activity
- National policy reports
- Research on discrimination and women in S&E
- Statistics on diversity in S&E
- Title IX and S&E education
For girls and boys:
- Games and online activities for children
There is much more out there, of course. Hope you find these helpful!
Dr. Ruta Sevo is a consultant on work related to women in science and engineering and her interests include social justice issues, art, and writing.