AspireIT Opportunity for NCWIT Alliance Members
Applications for NCWIT AspireIT programs occurring June 15, 2017- October 14, 2017 are now open!
Interested in inspiring young women at the K-12 level to become technology makers while empowering high school and college women to teach and mentor them? We actively work year round to identify adults like you to become NCWIT AspireIT Program Partners.
Using the NCWIT AspireIT near-peer model, Program Partners (adults who are NCWIT Alliance Members) support Program Leaders (students who are NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Community Members) in teaching younger girls the fundamentals of programming and computational thinking in fun, creative environments.
Inspire Girls through AspireIT
Since 2013, NCWIT has gifted more than $575,000 to 235 programs, providing an estimated 200,000 instruction hours to nearly 5,300 girls in 36 states. As a Program Partner, you can help engage even more girls. Our goal is set for reaching 10,000 girls by 2018!
Our Program Partners tell us they participate because they can:
- Increase young women’s confidence in their computing abilities.
- Help young change agents develop valuable leadership skills.
- Inspire future innovators.
- Give back to their community by facilitating computing education locally.
Join other Program Partners on their fulfilling journey in changing the perspectives of computing for thousands of girls in communities nationwide.
Before You Volunteer…
- Review the full application, also known as the Request for Proposal (RFP), to confirm that you are eligible and able to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of a Program Partner, including the duties as a fiscal agent.
- As mentioned in the RFP, familiarize yourself with the Curriculum and Budget Template, which are all available on the AspireIT Toolkit webpage.
- Make sure your organization is a current NCWIT Alliance Member. (Not sure if you represent an Alliance Member organization? Or, would your organization like to join? Email email@example.com for more information.)
- Are you representing a K-12 school or non-profit that is not an Alliance Member? Consider becoming an Associate Member of the K-12 Alliance. Learn more here.
- If your organization has more than one location, then gather contact info for the individuals who are local to each geographic area in which you are interested in serving as a partner.
Ready to Volunteer?
- Confirm that as a potential Program Partner you meet the eligibility and criteria as specified in the full application, also known as the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- A potential Program Partner is paired up with a Program Leader prior to the application submission. If you are not already paired with a Leader, fill out the “Looking for an AspireIT Program Leader?” form to find individuals in the local geographic area(s) in which you are interested.*
- You may also look here to see if there's a Leader in your area looking for a Partner already.
* Note: The application is submitted by the potential Program Leader (the student who is an Aspirations in Computing Community Member) on behalf of the Program Partner and Team. You do not submit the application, but you do need to fill out the “Looking for an AspireIT Program Leader?” form in order to get engaged as a potential Program Partner (unless you are already paired with a Leader).
Questions? We are here to help. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.