AspireIT Opportunity for Aspirations in Computing Community Members
Applications for Summer 2018 programs are now open and due March 11, 2018.
Interested in sharing your passion for technology with the next generation? We are looking for women like you to become role models and inspire others as NCWIT AspireIT Program Leaders.
Using the near-peer model, AspireIT Leaders (students who are NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Members) are supported by AspireIT Partner Organizations (local and national organizations who are members of an NCWIT Alliance) , and work together to teach girls in grades K through 12 the fundamentals of programming and computational thinking in fun, creative environments.
Through AspireIT, you have the chance to apply for up to $3,000 in funding to help you and your team create and lead tech-related programs for K-12 girls.
Our AspireIT Leaders tell us they participate because they can:
- Give younger girls confidence in their own abilities.
- Inspire future innovators.
- Develop valuable leadership skills in technology that strengthen a resume.
- Increase their own confidence in their computing and leadership abilities.
- Socialize, network, and build a community of support for girls and women interested in technology.
Join other AspireIT Leaders on this rewarding, exciting, and challenging journey!
Next Steps for AspireIT Leaders:
- Review the full application information packet, also known as the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Confirm that you are eligible and able to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of an AspireIT Program Leader.
- As mentioned in the RFP, familiarize yourself with the Curriculum and Budget Template - which are available on our Toolkit page.
- Team up with an AspireIT Partner Organization prior to the registration and application process.
- Need help finding an AspireIT Partner Organization? Check out our tips below!
- Gather your tools and the information you will need to fill out the Registration form (again, see the full application packet to know in advance what you will need).
Ready to Apply?
Once you have read over the documentation mentioned above and paired with a AspireIT Partner Organization, here is what you need to do next:
- Login to your account as an AiC Community Member on www.aspirations.org.
- Fill out the Registration Form.
Once you have registered your program, and your AspireIT Partner Organization has verified their commitment to working with you, you will receive a link to the online application. Watch your email!
Check the AspireIT Toolkit for a PDF copy of the application to use as a worksheet to start pulling your logistics and answers together now!
Find a Program Partner!
If you are interested in being a AspireIT Leader and need some assistance looking for an organization to be your AspireIT Partner Organization, fill out the “Looking for an AspireIT Program Partner?” form. This will help potential Partner Organizations to find you.
You should also try the following:
- Look at the AspireIT Partner Organization page. There may be opportunities posted from potential Partner Oganizations looking for AspireIT Leaders in your community.
- If you were an Affiliate Award recipient, reach out to the local Affiliate organizers who organized your local event. These volunteers are already invested in your success and supportive of your endeavors.
- Visit the Academic Alliance page and contact the representative at your college or a college in your community. If the representative listed is unavailable to work with you, ask for recommendations of another faculty or staff member within the organization who might be interested in helping.
- Look at organizations in your community. Local chapters of Girl Scouts, 4H, Boys & Girls Club, Girls Inc., and many others are already members of the K-12 Alliance. Visit the K-12 Alliance page (full and associate members) to see which organizations are members.
- Are you working with your local school or non-profit? They can directly join the NCWIT K-12 Alliance as an Associate. Have them fill out this form to get started. Membership costs nothing for non-profit organizations, and requires no additional commitments to NCWIT on behalf of the organization.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.