AspireIT Leaders: Inspire Others!
Share your interest, passion, and skills for computers and technology with others to spark their interest - and gain valuable leadership and communications skills yourself! Through AspireIT, you can work with an AspireIT Partner Organization and apply for up to $3,000 to support the implementation of a computer science program for girls in grades K through 12.
Keep reading to find out the steps to take - and find valuable tools and worksheets to help you through the process on in the AspireIT Toolkit.
Requirements & Expectations:
- Be an Aspirations in Computing (AiC) Community Member
- Partner with an NCWIT Alliance Member (or a group willing to become one). Only partnerships with non-profit entities are eligible for funds, but we can still provide you with other resources and support.
- Create a program for at least 10 girls (from grades K through 12), that provides them with at least 12 hours of programming.
- Serve as the program manager for your program. This includes recruiting a team, leading work to write and submit your proposal, overseeing logistics, and leading the program implementation.
To review the requirements and expectations for AspireIT Partner Organizations, click here.
What will you get from it? Well, past AspireIT Leaders tell us they participate because they can:
- Give younger girls confidence in their own abilities.
- Inspire future innovators.
- Develop valuable leadership skills in technology that strengthen a resume.
- Increase their own confidence in their computing and leadership abilities.
- Socialize, network, and build a community of support for girls and women interested in technology.
How do I get started and apply?
Click here to find the current application and funding timeline.
- Go to the AspireIT Toolkit and review the Planning your AspireIT Program section. This section will give you all the details and background you need to get started. Please be sure to review these materials before reaching out to the team with questions.
- Join the AspireIT Facebook Group This group can help answer questions and be a support to you as you develop and implement your program. This is a secret group and you must already be a member of the AiC Facebook group. To join, email us at AspireIT@ncwit.org with the email you use for Facebook.
- Find an AspireIT Partner Organization
• Start by filling out this form to express your interest in being an AspireIT Leader. Potential Partner Organizations can view this list, and NCWIT will also use this to help find you a partner.
• Check out the list of Partner Organizations looking for Leaders to work with here, and go ahead and reach out to them.
• Get out in your community and talk to people! Schools, local universities, libraries, community centers, Girl Scout Councils, Girls Inc., Boys & Girls Club and more are all great places to look. The Facebook group is also a great place to ask for contacts and ideas.
- Go to the AspireIT Toolkit, and work through the steps under How to Apply to prepare and submit your application!
Questions? Email the team at AspireIT@ncwit.org.