For Aspirations Alumnae and Aspirations Community Members
Applications for NCWIT AspireIT Round 5 have closed.
Registration and applications for Round 6, programs taking place between October 16, 2016 and June 14, 2017 will open in late spring.
Interested in sharing your passion for technology with the next generation? We are looking for women like you to become role models and inspire others as NCWIT AspireIT Program Leaders.
Using the near-peer model, Program Leaders (students who are NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Members) are supported by Program Partners (adults who are NCWIT Alliance Members) in teaching younger girls the fundamentals of programming and computational thinking in fun, creative environments.
Through AspireIT, you have the chance to apply for up to $3,000 in funding to help you and your team create and lead tech-related camps, clubs, and workshops for K-12 girls.
Our Program Leaders tell us they participate because they can:
- Give younger girls confidence in their own abilities.
- Inspire future innovators.
- Develop valuable leadership skills in technology that strengthen a resume.
- Increase their own confidence in their computing and leadership abilities.
- Socialize, network, and build a community of support for girls and women interested in technology.
Join other Program Leaders on this rewarding, exciting, and challenging journey!
Next Steps for Program Leaders:
- Review the full application information packet, also known as the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Confirm that you are eligible and able to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of a Program Leader.
- As mentioned in the RFP, familiarize yourself with the Curriculum, Budget Template, and Budget Sample - which are available on our Toolkit page.
- Team up with a Program Partner prior to the registration and application process.
- If you are looking for a Partner, see our helpful tips (below) to guide you through the process.
- Gather your tools and the information you will need to fill out the Registration form (again, see the full application packet to know in advance what you will need).
- Applications for NCWIT AspireIT Round 5 have closed. Registration and applications for Round 6, programs taking place between October 16, 2016 and June 14, 2017 will open in the spring. It's never too early to find a Partner and build your team!
Find a Program Partner!
If you are interested in being a Program Leader and need some assistance looking for an organization to be your Program Partner, fill out the “Looking for an AspireIT Program Partner?” form. This will help potential Partners, in your local geographic area, to find you (without exposing your private information to them).
You should also try the following:
- Look at the AspireIT program matching page. There may be opportunities posted from potential partners looking for Program Leaders in your community.
- If you were an Affiliate Award recipient, reach out to the local Affiliate organizers who organized your local event. These volunteers are already invested in your success and supportive of your endeavors.
- Visit the Academic Alliance page and contact the representative at your college or a college in your community. If the representative listed is unavailable to work with you, ask for recommendations of another faculty or staff member within the organization who might be interested in helping.
- Look at organizations in your community. Local chapters of Girl Scouts, 4H, Boys & Girls Club, Girls Inc., and many others are already members of the K-12 Alliance. Visit the K-12 Alliance page to see which organizations are members.
- Are you working with your local school or non-profit? They can directly join the NCWIT K-12 Alliance as an Associate. Have them fill out this form to get started.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.