2014 CE21 PI and Community Meeting
The 2014 CE21 PI and Community Meeting took place January 7-8, 2014 at the Wyndham Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida.
CE21 is meant to involve partnerships between experts in computer science education, broadening participation in computing, and the types of education research that has more traditionally been funded through the NSF EHR Directorate. Our hope is that this meeting brings together people from these three communities for productive discussions, the building of new partnerships and collaborations, and the leveraging of ongoing work.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Funding Opportunities from EHR/DUE, by Jane Prey and Paul Tymann
- Funding Opportunities in EHR/DRL, by Arlene de Strulle and Chris Hoadley
- 2015 Directory of Attendees
- Getting Unstuck, by Karen Brennan, Harvard University
- From an Hour of Code to Years of CS, by Pat Yongpradit
- Transforming K-12 CS: The Beauty and Joy of Computing, by Dan Garcia
- Mentoring the Next Generation of Computing Scholars, by Juan E. Gilbert
- Profiles of Students with Disabilities in Computing Fields, by Richard Ladner
- p < 0.5, by Tom McKlin
- Making Programming Accessible and Exciting, by Alex Repenning
- Mobile CSP in CT Schools, by Chinma Uche
As co-host of CE21, NCWIT is under the umbrella of the University of Colorado (CU) and thus follows these State of Colorado travel procedures:
CU requires ORIGINAL, ITEMIZED receipts. To be eligible for reimbursement for expenses you must submit original receipts showing proof of credit card payment (with a balance of zero) and itemized detail of purchases.
Use this reimbursement request form (.xlsx or .xls format) to receive reimbursement. Please note that you must sign your reimbursement form and it *must* be sent (mailed in paper form) to the NCWIT office, not to the email address on the bottom of the form.
All reimbursement materials are to be mailed to:Attn: CE21 Reimbursement c/o NCWIT University of Colorado at Boulder Campus Box 322 Boulder, CO 80309-0322
Allowable expenses include:
- Parking at your hotel and/or home airport
- Mileage (at $0.51/mi) to and from the airport - NOTE: Mileage covers cost of gas and normal wear on your vehicle. You cannot request separate reimbursement for gas for your personal vehicle.
- Transportation between airport and hotel, e.g. taxis, trains, or public transportation
- Car rental - we will cover economy car rates and rental car gas
- Meals - any meals not provided during the event shall be reimbursed based on the per diem rates for Orlando, FL as documented on www.gsa.gov. Please provide original, itemized receipts for all meals claimed on your reimbursement request form. Alcohol is NOT reimbursable.
- Lodging for two nights at the conference hotel rate - please make sure your hotel receipt shows a zero or paid balance.
- Airfare, coach fare only. Please make sure your receipt shows your itinerary, cost, and method of payment.
Important Things to Note:
- Your reimbursement request form and all receipts must be mailed/post-marked within 2 weeks of the end date of travel.
- We cannot reimburse a traveler's employer; our policy is to only reimburse the traveler.
- Please do not pay for another traveler's airfare, meals, etc. It is best to keep the receipts clean and specific to the individual traveler requesting reimbursement.
- Don't forget to sign your form at the bottom left signature line (e.g. "Payee Signature"). Once your form is returned to our office and it is approved, we will apply the Organizational Unit Authorizing Signature.
- If you require additional hotel nights please contact us for advance approval.
- All hotel reservations must be booked by December 17, 2014. Bookings made after this date will only be reimbursed at the conference rate.
- International Travel - Please be sure that when you enter the US, the Customs Agent uses the "business travel" stamp on your passport, not the "visitors/tourist" stamp. If you're coming from a Visa-Waiver country, you will need to get a WB stamp. If you're coming from a non-Visa-waiver country, please get a B-1 stamp. Tell the entry officer that you are attending a conference for business, and stress that you are not in the country for work or vacation. Reimbursements for international travel may be taxable depending on your level of participation. Please contact us for more information.
- Lastly, please do not staple your documents. We'd prefer that you send them taped or clipped.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!