Carnegie Mellon Opportunities for Undergraduate Research in Computer Science
This 3 day workshop is research focused and will provide opportunities for undergraduate women from the USA and around the globe to work on exploratory problems in teams led by researchers from industry, academia and other computing related domains.
Participants will be able to:
- meet others who share their curiosity and interest in computer science
- explore the research experience in computing related domains
- work hands-on with researchers
- work in a team to tackle a research problem
- present a poster: great for first timers!
- broaden understanding of the possibilities of graduate school and the application process
Workshop participants will have a chance to learn about life in graduate school from the perspectives of faculty and current graduate students.