Conversations on Education: Computer Science and Underrepresented Communities
Computing is an essential part of the global economy, and training in this critical field prepares students for careers in a variety of sectors. In fact the U.S. Department of Labor estimates that there will be 1.4 million computing-related job openings by 2020.
- Hadi Partovi, Founder, Code.org
- Jeff Forbes,Program Director, Division of Computer and Network Systems, Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering, National Science Foundation
- Shree Chauhan, Legislative Manager, Education and Health Policy, National Urban League Policy Institute
- Lucy Sanders, CEO and Co-Founder, National Center for Women and Information Technology
- Kevin Wang, Program Manager, Technology Education and Learning Program (TEALS), Microsoft